Thursday, April 10, 2008

This preparing for Europe thing is a challenge. I am being confronted every day by the desire to plan every detail of our trip...and then challenged, yet again, by my warring desire to "be spontaneous!" and to "live in the moment!"

I think I wrestle with these two opposing standards every day, even every hour...ok, maybe even every 10 minutes, of my life. I want to be carefree and to just slow things down and "let go." But my tendency to plan and my desire to know what the future holds are almost overpowering some days!

This blog is a tribute to "just letting go." Because whether it's the most comfortable, or predictable, or practical decision (jetting off to Europe with no plans of any sort upon our return...if we return), we are doing it. In one month and three days we are "leavin' on a jet plane/don't know when we'll be back again..."

The plan is July 31st...but that's my point exactly; we're choosing not to depend on our plans. Here's to living in the moment!

No comments: