Monday, May 5, 2008

4 Mustards

So we leave one week from today. ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! This must be what an out of body experience feels like. I also kind-of feel like I did right before high school graduation...like I'm not sure what to expect, and I'm freaked out. But I'm mostly just really excited.

We have been packing our stuff up this past week. We rented a garage unit at our apartment complex for storage, and we are moving all of our belongings in there for the summer. It's a pretty sweet deal because we just carry our crap down the stairs and into the garage. No moving van or anything. Saturday we moved all of our furniture out. I'm glad we did, but now we don't have a bed and we are sleeping on our queen sized air mattress. Not quite the same, but it works...we're slowly changing our standard of living to ease our way into not having a "place to rest our heads" some nights in Europe, I guess.

I was carrying an end table down the stairs a few days ago and I forgot that the black marble top wasn't attached.....and it shattered down three flights of stairs and all over the cement and grass below...that was FUN to clean up!

We are also trying to eat all of the food we have left in the cabinets and in the refrigerator. The other night I came home from class and Jade had made Beef Noodles with canned salmon. It smelled/looked/tasted absolutely disgusting. But it was cute. He made it because I had set out the salmon to use for a salad.

We still have 4 mustards in our fridge. And a butt load of soy sauce. If you have any ideas for how I can use these things in one week, I am open to suggestions. I am anal retentive about not wasting food...I know, I know, this is getting a bit ridiculous, but it's kind-of like a game. We're having fun. Well, maybe Jade isn't...he'd probably rather I buy some "real food" for our final week here instead of eating mustard and soy sauce sardine tortillas. I really do have all of these things.

Jade us officially unemployed as of last Friday! I will be tomorrow. And I didn't get the job at UNO next Fall, so we literally have no idea what we are doing about money after tomorrow in a few months. At least we've been saving up for the past year. We knew this was coming, but now that it's here it's different! This is crazy!

But mainly just exciting.

2 comments:

Kyle and Ginger Cunningham said...

I'm actually weepy I'm so excited over the adventure you two will get to share this summer! I will vicariously live through you if that's okay! Kyle and I will be praying for you both!

Jennifer said...

This trip sounds so wonderful! I LOVED being in Europe many (MANY) years ago! We'll be praying that you will have a fabulous time to grow closer to Christ and each other. Hugs from KS!